AEROSHELL FLUID LGF (5 GALLON PAIL)
vol: 5 Gal. / PAIL
Total price: $280.34
Warehouse availability: ON REQUEST
AeroShell Landing Gear Fluid (LGF) is a mineral hydraulic fluid (MIL-PRF-5606) to which additional additives have been added to improve the extreme pressure characteristics and the fluid’s natural lubricity. The lubricity agent provides a stable thin film layer to the metal surfaces at mild operating conditions. When severe conditions exist (landing/ touchdown), the extreme pressure additive supplies the load carrying needed at the metal-to-metal surfaces to prevent the occurrence of such phenomena as "ladder cracking" and "slip stiction" of the piston component of the landing gear. AeroShell LGF is AeroShell Fluid 41 plus additives.
- The excellent low temperature properties of AeroShell LGF make it particularly suitable in areas of low temperature operations.
- AeroShell LGF is straw yellow in colour.
Specifications, Approvals & Recommendations
- AeroShell Landing Gear Fluid (LGF) is not covered by any
- military specification.
- McDonnell Douglas Approved DPM-6177
- Boeing Approved BMS 3-32A (AeroShell LGF is approved to Type II)
- AeroShell LGF is approved for use in the shock struts of the following aircraft:
- Boeing 707/720, 727, 737, 747 (except those using BMS 311 fluids), 757, 767 and 777
- Lockheed L1011 Tristar
- McDonnell Douglas DC-8, DC-9, DC-10, MD-80, MD-11
- Airbus CML Code 02-004A (SSF)
- For use in the landing gear shock struts of other aircraft, operators must check with the respective manufacturer first.
Compatibility & Miscibility
AeroShell LGF is compatible with AeroShell Fluids 4, 41 and
Causes skin irritation. Causes eye irritation. Wash after handling. Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection. IF ON SKIN, wash with plenty of soap and water. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention. If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/attention. Take off contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant.